1.30.2008

JOURNAL: Party Planning Calamity

I was just reminded that the art museum where I work is having a community open house, and that I am, of course, expected to be there all day, but it’s the same day as my Lunar New Year dinner party, which means I might have to reconsider what I am serving and I definitely need to plan preparations that starts this weekend, working on it every night so I will be ready by next Saturday.

I suppose this is the lifestyle to which I need to become accustomed, if I want to have a social life. For those of you that don’t know, as of this week, I am working three jobs: 40 hours a week at the art college, plus teaching another class there beyond full time, and I am the Visual Arts Educator at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, which involves teaching an after school printmaking class, among other responsibilities, like the open house.

I love the irony! Literally, as I finished writing that last paragraph, my boss walked into my office and asked if I could work this Saturday (don’t worry Ryan, it was during lunch. I’m not blogging on the job).

Before this weekend, I need to: choose recipes, clean my apartment, finalize my guest list, send invitations

1 comment:

Cynical Siren said...

I don't even get this whole carrot thing at all.

what do you mean my dog blog didn't link up? Go to my gmail status and
find it there.