1.30.2008

JOURNAL: I hate to be so harsh...

...but Trader Joe's frozen Potato & Cheddar Perogi are utterly awful. I figured this out first and only time I made them, but TSB didn't get the memo and left a box in my freezer one night when I offered to make her something else.

I broke a tooth this morning on my way into a meeting, and combined with my lack of time, money and food in the fridge this week, I decided that the pillowy soft perogi could be my dinner solution.

I boiled them, fried them in butter and smothered them in cheese I smuggled back from Vermont, but they were still horrible. I should have just skipped dinner.

To lighten my spirits, I’m going to use my new toys to make a fried egg out of mango juice and coconut milk. I’ll let you know how it turns out...

Not too shabby, huh?

No comments: